Oct 26th, 2012 by Jennifer Lynn
As biting and shivery weather settles forth, there have been some items I have contemplated splurging on, but the real trick has been scuffling with my (naturally) frugal nature, as a few of these will set me back a pittance. But nonetheless, they are still exquisite ways to indulge myself a teensy bit during the frostier months.
Here are some ideas on how to pamper myself through the upcoming winter chill:
1. A small box of truffles, or another delicacy from a skilled chocolatier, or even a tarte framboises-pistache from the best pâtisserie in the city, perched loyally on my writing desk some frigid morning, waiting to be nibbled on and enjoyed with a frothy dark-roasted french-pressed coffee, served in a porcelain mug.
a delicate box of truffles
2. A Moleskine journal, to capture every wisp of thought, anywhere.
Source: Moleskinerie, Troy Pesola
3. A wallet made from chewy real leather. My current tattered purse was purchased at Target six years ago as a broke-ass student, and is absolutely filthy.
a definite upgrade
4. A pair of luxurious lambswool slippers to sink my chilly piggies into.
5. A King-sized bed set-up. (Potential bonus points: a memory-foam mattress.) Although this one is not a small indulgence and NOT cheap, it is a hot item for M. and I, as we are fed up with hobbling about all ache-y after what should have been a restful night of sleep. (Will be writing a heck of a lot more on this later.)
snoozin’ like a Queen
Do you have any planned indulgences for yourself or a loved one to get through the nippier months? Do tell.