Dec 30th, 2012 by Jennifer Lynn
The holidays nearly are over, oof. This week I will return to my regular schedule of visiting/reading/commenting on everybody’s fabulous blogs that unfortunately I have been missing out on. And overall playing catch-up with writing duties. It has been a strange feeling to be so absent from the blogging community these past few weeks and I look forward to interacting with you all again soon-ish.
Here are a few resolutions for 2013:
1. Start a dream journal.
2. Write every day. EVERY DAY.
3. Increase writing productivity. Blog maintenance and project participation is an excellent way to encourage consistent writing, in order to build up that mental muscle of transitioning thoughts to words (somewhat) gracefully. Also to continue to explore different styles in an effort to find my true writing voice.
4. Stop being such a damn shut-in. Be nicer and not so guarded with others and balance it somehow with the isolation of a robust writing schedule. I tend to clam up around those I don’t know very well and may come off as aloof, which makes me cringey because it really, truly, is not how I feel. It is just overwhelming and draining to be stuck in a crowd.
5. Continue to set new financial savings goals, even as a stay-at-home mommy. Purchase stock.
6. Seek out a cause I am passionate for and volunteer my time.
7. Have the gumption to finish a hands-on project. Bake more. Sew.
8. Unplug more with M. by incorporating “date nights” into our post-baby life. So more time with Hubs away from Bubs.
9. Learn to play chess.
10. Become more comfortable with spending money! Though I am a rabid saver, rarely will I splurge. For example, my purse is frayed and disintegrating—a quality-bought chewy leather replacement would be beautiful and useful.
11. Read a book each month.
Those are some of my resolutions, what about yours? Sweet mother of Cheetos this year flew by.